- Take it Home. One of our core values is to connect people through fashion. For that reason, we do not offer a guest login. Only Pointaro members can make a purchase on our website.
- Raise Your Voice. Help other shoppers make smart buying decisions by telling them what you think about our designs in the reviews section.
My Account is a personalised dashboard of all your Pointaro shopping information. In My Account, you can edit your personal information or track current and previous purchases.
Don’t panic! If you’ve lost your password simply follow these steps:
- Select the “Forgot Password” link on the Login / Sign Up page.
- Fill in the email associated with your Pointaro account.
- Open the email from Pointaro and select the option to reset your password.
- Enter your new password.
- Click save and you’re back in!
Back to Basics
In case you’ve been living under a rock, affordable Swiss watches are the burning topic right now. But, are Swiss watches really all they’ve been made out to be? The simple answer is yes! The longer (more technical) answer you’ll find below. read more...
It’s In The Way She Moves
If you could explore the inner workings of a Swiss watch, you’d discover a miniature engineering masterpiece.
A Swiss watch contains a quartz movement powered by a battery that sends electric waves to a quartz crystal through an electronic circuit. The quartz crystal vibrates back and forth at a precise frequency - exactly 32768 times per second. The circuit detects the vibrations and transforms them into regular electric pulses. In turn, the pulses drive a small motor responsible for turning gear wheels that rotate the hands on the watch face.
The result? An impossibly accurate ticking and smooth-running movement.
Never Say Die
A lot can happen in two years. You could totally lose your shit in a meeting, get fired, discover a new passion - let’s say, photography! - travel to Africa to capture the Big Five, hookup with a local hotty who turns out to be an important (but super scary) Chief’s daughter, end up marrying said daughter after accidentally impregnating her, only to find out the whole thing was a mistake: Russian spies mixed you up with the other American expat hanging in the village.
One thing that won’t happen? The battery of your Swiss watch will never fail you.
Quality That Won’t Break The Bank
There’s a misconception that Swiss watches are only for people with deep pockets. But the truth is that the industry is changing, and owning a Swiss watch may be more affordable than you think. Here’s why:
Traditional Swiss watches are held in high regard by watchmakers and collectors, because the mechanical parts are hand assembled by specialists. So, the value of a manual Swiss watch is sentimental, rather than based on it’s true value.
In recent years, people have started speaking up against the unfair markups that come with manual Swiss watches— and brands have responded. Now, Swiss watches are made with new world manufacturing techniques that are less labour intensive and more cost effective, allowing millions to enjoy quality watch designs, minus the price tag. Shop Swiss Watches
Everyday millions of online customers get fooled into buying “100% Genuine Leather” products, thinking it’s the same quality as top grain leather or full grain leather. We’re here to set the record straight. In this article, we’ll show you how to tell the difference between different kinds of leather and why top grain genuine leather is the way to go if you’re looking for affordable luxury. read more...
The Million Dollar Question
What’s the difference between Full Grain, Top Grain and 100% Genuine Leather? 🐮
Full Grain Leather: The Real Deal
- Full grain leather is the highest grade of all types of leather.
- The hide of the animal has not been sanded or buffed, which allows fiber strength, durability, and breathability.
- The downfall of full grain leather is that it stains easily and comes with a massive price tag that will blow your budget out of the water.
- Full grain leather usually comes with a “Genuine Leather” or “Full Grain Leather” stamp, but never with a “100% Genuine Leather” stamp.
Top Grain Leather: Affordable Luxury
- Top grain leather is the go-to leather for high-end leather products that will be exposed to lots of wear and tear, like handbags, shoes and watch straps.
- It’s similar to full-grain leather, except that the top layer has been sanded to enhance stain protection, take away imperfections and to make the material easier for manufacturers to work with.
- Sanding away the top layer removes stronger fibers of the leather, but relative “weakening” of the leather is minimal, whereas the reduced cost difference is massive.
- Top grain leather will never be marked “100% Genuine Leather”, but simply “Genuine Leather” or sometimes “Top Grain Leather”.
100% Genuine Leather: It’s not what You Think
- “100% Genuine leather” does not mean “best of the best”. If anything, 100% Genuine Leather means “The Crappy Leftovers”. Yep, pretty misleading, we know.
- It’s cheaper than top grain and full grain, but has the lowest quality by far.
- This kind of leather is produced from the layers that remain after the top layers are split off for the better types of leather.
- Artificial grain is applied to its surface, which destroys the strength and creates a plastic appearance.
Tip - A rule of thumb to source quality leather: the softer the better. 👌
Shop Like Goldilocks
If you ask us, Goldilocks would ace shopping in the 21st century. She gets that once we know what we want, we need to find the happy middleground to make it happen. So, when it comes to finding an affordable, premium quality leather strap, here’s how to shop like Goldilocks:
100% Genuine leather comes with the most attractive price, but sacrifices quality completely. You’d be better off just going with plastic.
Full grain is magnificent-looking and durable, but stains easily and will definitely break the bank.
It’s no secret: We love top grain leather, because it’s got the best of both: It’s affordable, yet durable, strong, stain resistant and it simply looks damn fine. Shop Top Grain Leather Watches.
Swapping your Pointaro watch straps is easy. Just use this simple guide and you’re good to go!read more...
Leather & Mesh Straps:
Phase 1 - Assemble the Spring Bars
Phase 2 - Attach the Straps
We’ve noticed that when it comes to the topic of water resistance, there seems to be a lot of inaccurate, misleading information out there. Let’s change that today. In this post we’ll break down the difference between waterproof and water-resistant watches. We’ll also tell you exactly which water activities you can and can’t participate in with your watch. read more...
If your watch is waterproof, it has gone through a vigorous test that submerges the watch up to the depth and pressure that’s promised. If your watch is a certified dive-watch, you can assume it’s waterproof. However, even dive-watches require regular maintenance checks to ensure all the seals have not been compromised by wear and tear due to water pressure.
3 ATM & 5 ATM Water-Resistant Watches
Water-resistant watches are tested under static conditions. ATM refers to how much water pressure a watch can withstand under static (nonmoving) conditions. Each ATM is equivalent to 10 meters or 32.8 foot. In static water, 5 ATM is about 50 meters or 160 foot deep and 3 ATM is about 100 foot deep. However, in real life, water is seldom static, which means the pressure levels can change rapidly. For instance, if you were to dive into a pool, the water hitting the watch would be much higher than the static pressure at 50 meters of depth.
Therefore, while the watch is water resistant, it is not waterproof. Going swimming? We recommend you swim gently with your watch. That may sound silly, but as explained above, splashing in water increases water pressure. It’s also important to remember that all water-resistant designs are engineered for use in cold water and should not be subjected to hot water and steam.
What You Can Do With Your Water-Resistant Watch?
Our Crocodile Textured Straps, are made from embossed cow leather. We do not use genuine crocodile leather, because we are committed to bringing you premium quality designs at an affordable price.read more...
Genuine croc leather is made using a labor intensive process that causes a lot of animal wastage, because only some parts of the hide can be used while the rest is simply tossed aside. Hence, genuine crocodile leather is exorbitantly expensive and not sustainably sourced.
Cow leather, on the hand, is just as strong and durable as croc leather, but is less expensive to produce while causing almost no wastage. Shop Croc Textured Straps.
You may have noticed we’re obsessed with Swiss Quartz Movements. But how do they differ from other quartz movements, like the famous Japanese Quartz movement? In a word: Quality. read more...
Quartz movements are highly accurate and require minimal maintenance and battery replacements. They offer uncomparable accuracy and reliability. These movements are so popular that 95% of watches are made with quartz. However, not all quartz movements are made equal. The quality of the movement’s part, the number of jewels and the manufacturing regulations of the country it is made in can all have a major impact on the performance of a quartz movement. It is the combination of these factors that truly set Swiss Quartz Movements apart from all other Quartz Movements.
Key Differences Between Japanese Quartz and Swiss Quartz
Japanese and Swiss movements are made with similar parts, but only Swiss movements are made with a synthetic ruby that elongates their lifespan. Another major difference is that the manufacturing standards of Swiss movements are highly regulated by law, whereas Japanese movements are not.
Swiss Law obligates manufacturers to submit each and every movement through a rigorous series of quality checks before it may be labeled "Swiss Made". Furthermore, a watch movement may only be labelled "Swiss Made" if:
- the movement has been assembled in Switzerland; and
- the movement has been inspected by the manufacturer in Switzerland; and
- the components of Swiss manufacture account for at least 50 percent of the total value, without taking into account the cost of assembly.
Swiss Quartz Movements are made with a highly durable synthetic ruby to reduce friction between mechanical parts. As a result, the wear and tear of a Swiss Quartz Movement is minimized, allowing your watch to operate over the course of years or even decades. Other features of the ruby include supreme accuracy, small size, light weight and optimal temperature stability.
Pointaro Swiss Quartz Movement Caliber 762E
|TYPE||: Analog Quartz Movement|
|STANDARD BATTERY LIFE*||: 10 Years|
|FUNCTIONS||: 2 Hands|
|JEWEL||: Synthetic Ruby|
*NOTE: All Pointaro watch movements come with a 2 year warranty. Learn More
All Pointaro accessories are made with top grade 316L Stainless Steel casings to protect our precious designs. Stainless Steel is guaranteed to withstand even the harshest conditions. read more...
Durability Test: Stainless Steel
Water and Air
Stainless steel is an iron alloy that contains a layer of chromium oxide, made up of 10-20% chromium. This not only gives metal a smooth and lustrous look, but also protects it from corrosion and rust caused by exposure to air and water.
Can your sunglasses survive a few hard knocks? It will, if it’s strengthened with a touch of nickel. Stainless steel contains 10-14% nickel, which increases its hardness and durability, making this awesome metal the ultimate long term investment.
Left your watch in the sun? Not to worry, nickel also reduces expansion of metal under heat. That’s why 316L Stainless Steel retains can resist scaling even at temperatures up to 1600F! #beach_ready
Shop Stainless Steel Accessories.
Why You Shouldn't Buy Alloy Steel Accessories
Red Flag!🚩Shoppers are often fooled into buying alloy steel accessories—the cheaper alternative to stainless steel. Don’t be mislead by false information. While the metals may look similar, alloy steel is nowhere near as durable or resistant to stains, high temperatures and corrosion as stainless steel. Alloy steel also contains very high volumes of nickel. Whereas small volumes of nickel can strengthen a metal, high volumes make the metal brittle and almost always cause allergic reactions.
A watch should cover about ⅔ of the width of your wrist. Below you can see the right fit of a Pointaro Geneva watch on the average male’s wrist with a width of 68mm or 2.67 inches. read more...
The circumference of our carbon rubber bracelets is 210mm and the width is 7mm. Pointaro bracelets are ideal for men with a wrist size of 203mm. However, even if your wrist is smaller or larger than 203mm, the bracelet will bend and cling to your wrist owing to the elasticity of the rubber material. Therefore, a Pointaro bracelet will also be a good fit for your wrist, if you measure between 175mm and 208mm. read more...
How to Measure Your Wrist
- Wrap a tape measure around your wrist.
- Round up your measurement to the nearest millimeter or inch.
Find your perfect pair of Pointaro shades. It’s easy. Simply, measure the distance between your temples and follow the instructions below to find the perfect frame size. read more...
Stand in front of a mirror. Use a ruler to measure the width of your face and the bridge of your nose, as shown in the image below. Do not use a measuring tape to do this.
Once you have your measurements, compare them to the Pointaro Geneva sunglasses specifications below. Our sunglasses should be a good fit for you,
if the width and bridge measurements of the frames correspond with your own measurements. You have a leeway of 2-3 mm on the width measurement.
Stick to a leeway of just 2 mm on the bridge.
4 Tips to Check the Fit of Your Shades
- Your eyebrows or at least half of your eyebrows should be visible above the frames.
- Your eyeballs should be directly in the center of the lens. The distance between the corner of the eye and the edge of the lens should be aligned on both sides
- Your eye should fill the top half of the lens. The bottom of the eye should be positioned more or less in the middle of the lens.
Symmetry is key. Make sure your frames are centered, straight and balanced. The overall frame should be placed roughly in the centre of your face.
If placed correctly, the frame will provide balance between the top and bottom of the face.
All Pointaro watch straps are fully adjustable. Check whether our straps can be adjusted to your wrist size using the steps outlined below. read more...
Measure Your Wrist
Start by measuring your wrist. You can use a piece of string or a tape measure to accurately measure your wrist size.
The String Method
- Wrap the string around your wrist.
- Mark the meeting point of the two ends with a pen or a market.
- Lay down the string on a ruler and measure the distance from the end of the string to your mark. Round up to the nearest millimeter or inch.
The Tape Measure Method
- Wrap the tape measure around the wrist on which you plan to wear your watch.
- Round your measurement to the nearest millimeter or inch.
Check The Strap Length
Compare your wrist size to the smallest and largest adjustable sizes of each strap type to check that our straps will be a perfect fit for you.
Usage and Care Tips
As with anything you wear everyday, it’s inevitable that your nato strap is going to get dirty. The good news is that Nato watch straps are 100% washable and in this article, you will find out how to make yours look as good as new! read more...
What You Will Need
- Lukewarm water
- Castile soap or dishwashing detergent
- A soft brush for washing (toothbrush)
- A soft cloth for drying
- Remove the strap from the watch case.
- Soak the strap in lukewarm water for 5 minutes.
- Gently massage the soap into the material with your finger and use the soft brush to clean the dirt stains.
- Thoroughly rinse the strap with lukewarm water to prevent shrinkage of your nato watch strap.
- Dry the strap buckle with a cloth to prevent water stains or tarnishing.
- Flatten the clean strap on a towel to dry.
Please People, Don’t Do This!
We often read blogs where watch owners claim their girlfriends “threw my nato in the dishwasher and it’s fine!” Uhm… that is simply terrible advice!
Let’s do the Math:
Nylon is made from plastic.
+ Excessive heat melts plastic.
+ Dishwasher water is crazy hot.
= If you like the look of burnt plastic, sure, go ahead!
But what about the washing machine?
This one is up for detate. If you pop the nato in a sock, use a very mild detergent and wash it with cold water, your strap may survive... But there’s no guarantee, since the strap could knock against the sides of the machine when it goes on its spin cycle, or, if the sock unravels mid-wash, the nato material will get distorted, leaving you with no nato and no warranty claim. Basically, don’t be lazy! Stick to the DIY method described above.
Elegant. Understated. Tasteful. High-quality leather watch straps are a staple in many a man’s closet. On the flipside, not many men know how to take care of this prized asset. Let’s change that now. Here’s how to get maximum wear out of your leather watch straps. read more...
1. Don’t Get Bent Out of Shape
Genuine leather is naturally durable and stretchy and the fine wrinkles that appear on all full grain and top grain genuine leather watch straps are beautiful markers of authenticity. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t handle your straps with care: Too much bending and pulling when inserting the buckle tang into the buckle hole, will eventually stretch it out and create deep set creases that ruin your strap. Think ‘ancient fossilized coal’ v.s. ‘dignified leather’.
Do It Right
Instead of bending your strap up and over the watch face, or pulling your strap until it locks into position, slide your index finger under the strap, and use your finger to gently nudge the tang forward until it fits into the hole.
2. Tip Top Condition(er)
Dirt and sweat stains are inevitable, but not irreversible with a good leather conditioner. Here’s how to apply it, to give your leather a fresh start:
- For a thorough clean, remove your watch strap and buckle from the watch case.
- Grab a soft fabric, like a microfiber cleaning cloth, and dampen it in warm water.
- Next, dip the cloth into your choice of leather conditioning (see our recommended brands below) and massage it gently into your strap.
- Allow the conditioner to absorb for 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the watch strap with a dry cloth.
3. The Best Conditioner to Use for Your Leather
|Types Of Leather:||Oily Leather||Vegetable Tanned Leather||Suede Leather|
Naturally very oily or waxy.
Only apply a small amount of conditioner, when it’s dry.
Very light leather and darkens systematically after conditioning.
For that vintage look
Very soft and delicate leather.
A suede spray will protect it from water stains and damage.
(For extremely dried out leather)
Fiebing's Mink Oil
|Kiwi Suede Cleaner|
We accept all major credit cards and debits cards, as well as payments made through Paypal.
Yes! We use top-of-the range security technology provided by PayPal to protect your information. To read more about how we use 128 bit SSL and 3D Secure to protect you, visit our Secure Payments page.
Sometimes things go wrong. Here’s what you can do to fix it:
- First wait a while then try to process the payment again. The error may be the result of a network problem.
- Double check that you have provided us with the correct billing info.
- Try using PayPal to make the payment. You don’t have to be a PayPal member to use their service.
- Use a different credit or debit card to make the payment.
- Contact our friendly customer service team, who will help you figure out what’s wrong.
If PayPal cannot process your payment, ask our customer support agents to send you a PayPal Payment Request, or you can try the steps listed above.
Shipping & Delivery
We fast track all US deliveries to your doorstep within 3 to 5 working days at no cost to you!
Not yet, but we’re working on it! For now, we offer free shipping anywhere in the United States.
Orders placed on business days (Monday-Friday) before 12pm CST will be processed on the day of purchase. Orders placed Saturday, Sunday or on holidays, will be processed the following business day.
Once you’ve completed your payment, we’ll send you an email with your order information. You can also login to your account to check the status of your order, which will either be “unfulfilled” or “fulfilled”.
Order Status: Unfulfilled
If your order status is “unfulfilled”, it means we have received your order, but have not shipped it yet.
Order Status: Fulfilled
“Fulfilled” means that your order has passed its final checks and is being shipped to you.
Returns & Cancellations
You may return an unworn item for any reason within 30 days of purchase. Simply contact us, wait for your item to be delivered and post it back to us. Once we receive the item, you can request either a full refund, a Pointaro voucher of the same value as your purchase, or exchange your item for another Pointaro design.
Read our Returns & Cancellations Policy.
Contact us within 2 hours of making your order, and we’ll give you a full cash refund on the spot. Unfortunately, if more than 2 hours have passed since you placed your order, you will have to follow the Returns Procedure.
Read our Returns & Cancellations Policy.
Pointaro Geneva has a limited warranty that covers breakage due to defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use.
Your warranty covers breakage of:
a) The watch movement and battery under normal use for up to two years after purchase.
b) The watch case, glass or plating and strap under normal use for up to one year after purchase.
The warranty does not cover:
- Scratches on the glass or case or to the surface of the product resulting from misuse;
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, improper use or storage of the product;
- Unauthorized modifications or repairs;
- Normal wear and tear.
Note that repairs/replacements will be charged in the above cases, even during the warranty term. Note further that this is a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty. It provides rights separate to rights provided by consumer law, including, but not limited to those relating to non-conforming goods. Pointaro Geneva’s limited warranty benefits are in addition to, and not instead of, rights provided by consumer law.
Warranty & Repairs— Applications
If the warranty conditions apply, and you wish to return your watch for repairs or replacement, follow the instructions below:
- Submit a Contact Us Form, and list “Damaged Item” as your subject.
- Wait for a customer service representative to contact you.
- Ship your item back to us for inspection.
If the warranty conditions are met, your watch will be repaired or replaced with a new one under sole discretion of Pointaro Geneva. If the model is no longer available, you may be fully refunded for your purchase, as per your Pointaro Geneva invoice.
In the event that the damage is not due to a defect in material or workmanship, you will be notified of the repair process and additional charges.
Virtual Fitting Room
The Virtual Fitting Room is a plug-and-play shopping tool that allows you to:
- Try items on your body using augmented reality technology.
- Share your “tries” with friends and family on Facebook and Whatsapp.
- Connect with fashion experts for style tips and suggestions.
Nope! The Virtual Fitting Room is a plug-and-play shopping tool for mobile. That means you can access your Fitting Room straight from our website. No download required.
There are a number of reasons your login might not be working
- You did not add any items to your Virtual Fitting Room yet.
- Your internet connection is too slow.
If none of these reasons apply, close your web browser, wait a few minutes and login again. If the problem persists, our customer support is on hand to help you out.
Yes. Try the items you like in the Virtual Fitting Room, then share your shots with friends on Whatsapp or Facebook.
Chat While You Browse
Select the chat icon that appears in the bottom left of your browser when you enter our website to start a chat or ask a question while you browse our collections.
Chat While You Try On Items
Select the Chat icon that appears when you enter the Virtual Fitting Room to talk to a stylist while you try on items.
Pop Up Chat
Pop pup chat is the dialogue box that appears automatically when you enter the website or connect with stylists in the Virtual Fitting Room.
If you’re not in the mood to type, talk to a stylist in the Virtual Fitting Room via audio chat.
Are you a visual kinda person? Our stylists can start a one-way video chat with you on request.
Style consultations are 100% free. Simply login to the Virtual Fitting Room, or chat with us on Desktop. No sign up fee, no hidden costs, no strings attached.
The answer is...Yes and No. You cannot choose which individual stylist you work with, but you can choose the team you work with. The stylists introduced on our website are the team leaders of a group of experts. So, if you like Dakota, then you can request to work with her team. If someone from her team is available, we’ll hook you up. If no stylist from her team is available, you will be connected to the next available stylist.
We store the information you share with us when you create an account, fill in your email address, or participate in promotions and sweepstakes and use it to streamline your shopping experience or to keep a record of your purchases on our website.
We will never process or store your payment information.
We use “cookies” to track your activity on the site. We use this information to get a better understanding of who you are so that we can optimize our services to meet your individual needs.