POINTARO GENEVA S.A.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 1/1/2018
LAST UPDATED DATE: 7/3/2018
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Welcome to www.pointaro.com (the “website”).
Please note that when you use our website, we may collect personal information you provide us when you create an account or make a purchase. We may also collect your information from data collected by cookies. If you would like to learn how we will use your information, please carefully read the this document in which we have set out our website procedures so that you may know what we do, how we do it and how it may affect you.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2.1 Information Provided Directly By You
We collect and store personal information you provide us when you create an account, order merchandise, contact us via email or review our website. We may also collect Personal Data at other points on our Site.
The information we request and collect will vary depending on which of the above activities you’ve engaged in:
- If you create an account by registering directly with us, we will request your name, email, and password.
- When you order merchandise, we will collect information necessary to process your order such as your shipping and billing information and payment information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- If you submit your birthday or gender on our website, it will be stored on our system and will be used for marketing purposes and in order to streamline your shopping experience.
- When you post content on our Site such as a review, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your first name and last initial. The information that you provide will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
2.2 Information Provided By Your Linked Social Network Site (SNS)
2.3 Information Collected from Data Collected By Cookies
(A) WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files stored on a user's computer. They hold data about a you or our website, and can be accessed either by the web server (us) or the client computer (you).
When you visit our website, we send the cookie to your computer. Your computer stores it in a file located inside your web browser. To help you find it, this file is often called “Cookies”.
You can disable any already stored cookies on your computer by changing your browser settings for cookies. You can also use opt-out programs such as “Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on” in order to prevent cookies from being used. Please keep in mind that disabling cookies may stop our website from functioning properly (See B).
Cookies are also vital for the website to function properly. For example, some cookies keep track of the items in your shopping cart as you explore the site. Without these cookies, your shopping cart would reset to zero every time you clicked a new link on the site, making it impossible to buy anything from our website.
2.4 Information Collected via Other Technologies
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our website run smoothly, our servers collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. We automatically store certain information in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- Pixel Tags. (Also known as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). We use Pixel Tags to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and to determine whether emails have been opened in order to send only messages that are of interest to our users and to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. Information gathered via Pixel Tags are not tied to your Personal Data.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “flash cookies”, to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features.
- Analytics Services. To help analyze how users use our website, we make use of third party analytics services. As such, we share information generated by our technologies with Analytics Services. By using our Site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Analytics Services for the purposes set out above.
For more information about how we use the above technologies and a full list of Analytics Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
In some cases, the information we collect from you may be shared with our close partners for analytical purposes. However, we will never share, pass forward, trade or publish your personal information beyond your express permission, our organization and our trusted partners.
3.1 Third Party Service Providers
We may share your Personal Data with other third party service providers in order to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Pointaro Geneva.
3.2 Social Networking Sites
3.3 Other Disclosures
Pointaro Geneva may disclose your personal information even if it is against your express wishes under certain circumstances if it believes in good faith that
such disclosure is necessary:
(a) in connection with any legal investigation or legal matter;
(b) to protect or defend the rights or property of Pointaro Geneva or other website users.